Sunday, January 15, 2012

PROJECT LIFE - week 2

CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE
Posted by Picasa
It was a busy week but a fun one.
E1 is doing a picture-a-day album this year. She bought a pair of cute slide-in photo albums and decorated them cute.  She has been taking a lot of pictures with her new camera. It's been a lot of fun to see the pictures she has taken.
E1 had a swim meet and met one of her swimming goals by getting less than a minute on the 100 free.  Can you believe she can swim down and back and down and back in less than one minute? That is INSANE!  Darren was able to watch the meet and said it was pretty exciting. She also got her acceptance letter to USU this week, and worked a shift at the library and the event center. Both she and E2 finished up their first quarter of school.
E2 had a drill competition this weekend. It was in Richfield so E3 and I spent the day at the Event Center.  Darren worked as an usher the night before for the solo competition and also all day Saturday during the regular competition. He warned me Friday night after he got home that the drill team moms were out in force so Saturday I made sure to wear my tightest jeans and my highest heels. I even wore MASCARA.  Crazy, I know.  I didn't get up early enough to curl my hair and I honestly don't own anything with bling as that is soooo not my thing.  But I kept catching the usher checking me out so I figure I was still successful :).  By the end of the day my feet were KILLING me.  Four inch heels and stadium stairs are tricky.
E2 did awesome. She was in the character routine. They were chinese dancers. Getting her into her hair and makeup was intense. It was a fun day.


E3 spent the week roller blading, reading, and going to school.  She is taking care of the neighbors cat while they are on vacation.  She went with me to the drill competition and it was great to have some girl time.  She had a panic moment when she realized Wednesday that she'd left her trumpet on the bus, but good old dad drove to the bus barn and found it for her.  After N leaving his coats, jackets, and backpacks on the bus ALL THE TIME last year, we are on first name basis with the Sevier School District transportation department.
N:  N made the treats for Scouts this week.  He make "candy sushi".  It was rice crispy treats rolled up in sheets of fruit roll-ups then sliced so it looked like rice in seaweed rolls. This was a Rachel Ray recipe we found in her children's cookbook.  It was a blast and he said his den liked them.  He also had basketball this week.

1 comment:

TLCbull said...

I am almost thinking about doing another book also....no wait... Just kidding. :-)