Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Birthday to me.... Happy Birthday to me....

Following in the footsteps of my mother-in-law, I throw my own birthday party.
I don't know remember exactly when or even why we started doing this, but I do know it's been several years running now.  We used to have pizza at the park with my parents after the Children's Parade  while we enjoyed the entertainment but somewhere along the line we switched to a shin-dig at our house.    We always serve "Cafe-Rio" style salads with my mom's yummy frozen lemon dessert.

I appreciate those that come each year and help make my birthday special.  I am blessed with amazing friends that make my life so much more complete.  It was especially awesome this year to have all three of my sisters in town. I was surprised when Todd and Angie came from Cedar City.  It meant a lot.   New this year were the Morgans.  It was fun to get to know them even more.  We had about 40 people in attendance.  The weather was gorgeous.  The cilantro rice turned out PERFECT.  Regina brought six flavors of "Aggie" Ice-cream.  It was truly birthday bliss.

1 comment:

SHEFFERS 'R' US said...

It totally cracks me up that you throw a "Grandma Sheffer" style birthday party. :) This looks like tons of fun, I'm glad your birthday was special.

-Julie