Sunday, July 8, 2012

Independence Day

I love the 4th of July in Richfield.  From the Miss Richfield pageant to the Patriotic Program to the Children's Parade to the planes to the big Parade and the festivities at the Park, I spend a perfect week surrounded by people I love and reminded of the greatness of our nation and the sacrifices of those that have come before.
This year we were in such a hurry to get to the parade so we could see the jets fly over that I forgot to take the cupcakes I was making out of the oven. It wasn't until almost 3 hours later when we were heading to the Smith's house for lunch when I remembered them. The house smelled terrible but at least was still standing.
The parade was great as usual. It was so funny to see how fast my nephew Roman learned the whole get candy at the parade routine.  E2 was in the parade with the drill team and they looked so cute in their new jerseys.
We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at the Smith's while the kids enjoyed the booths at the park and hit Grandpa up for dollars.  It is a tradition that I enjoy.  N participated in the fish grab (another Richfield tradition but one I usually make sure we are not around for). 
After a nap at home in the late afternoon, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Taylors for a BBQ.  My Aunt Peggy and Uncle Burke had come over from Moab so they could see all of my sisters while they were in town.  We had a nice evening.  The best part was seeing how happy my parents were to have all their children and grandchildren in one place.  During the firework show my four and JB climbed up on the roof to watch. It was fun to see them all together just hanging out and having fun.  It made me very happy.

No comments: