Monday, December 29, 2014

WEEK FORTY SEVEN - November 16 to November 22

Ever since I can remember, my Grandparents had a time-share in Park City.  I have many fond childhood memories of staying for lovely extended vacations with my immediate family in addition to an assortment of cousins. I remember running the halls, swimming in the pool, playing games, and enjoying Park City in general.   

I remember being there for my 8th birthday as well as the birth of my sister, Ashlee.   I remember eating popcorn and apples with my Grandpa Baggs.  I remember my Grandma Baggs quilting.   More recently,  I have memories of staying there the January our house was being built and enjoying a long weekend with our friends the Crowthers.

When my Grandparents passed away, my Uncle took over the Park City week. My parents acquired another of the time-shares they had owned in St George.  My parents have always been more than generous with sharing their time share.  

A few years ago we spent Thanksgiving in Park City.  It was before my Grandpa Baggs had passed away. We had a fantastic time swimming and ice-skating and going to the Olympic Park.  It was seriously so much fun ( except for Darren who had to deal with driving in a blizzard and the car breaking down and etc etc).  
When I found out that we would be having Juliana stay with us, I asked my mother if there was any way she could trade some of her time-share banked weeks for Park City at Thanksgiving for us.   I really wanted to share Park City with Juliana and have a great Thanksgiving together. 

My poor mother searched and searched over and over again for literally MONTHS. She found a few rooms in the main lodge but I wanted the newest phase as it has three bedrooms. I was quite demanding and probably very annoying.  She continually watched the trade boards for us, and late in October was able to get the unit I wanted for the dates I wanted.  She was able to trade one of her banked weeks for it, but then also paid out some money, (so mom.... I never offered to pay for it..... let me know if you want me to!)

The rental goes from Friday to Friday. My parents were able to stay the entire week. During that time they went to church, went to Aunt Robyn's for a sibling party, and did a lot of Christmas shopping. We came up Friday night and stayed for Saturday, and then came back the next Tuesday and stayed through Friday. You will read about it on the next post but let me tell you as a sneak preview that it was such as great time that even Darren who had a sour taste in his mouth from the last time we stayed commented that he wished now we would have bought the other time-share week of Grandpa Bagg's when it was available.

So THANK YOU mom and dad for letting me share my childhood memories with my children. I love you so much for it.



LEFT PAGE

RIGHT PAGE
 

Paper: Autumn Joy by Lori Whitlock
Cards:  Autumn Joy by Lori Whitlock and Fall Is In the Air by Lori Whitlock
Template: LEFT is Project Life Template B.  Right is Project Life Template K

No comments: