Friday, October 24, 2008


One of our fall family traditions is to visit Sterling Hansen's pumpkin patch in Elsinore. Mr. Hansen is just the nicest man - every year I get as much pleasure seeing the joy on his face as he runs his pumpkin patch as I do picking out a pumpkin. I hold him in the highest regard.
Our family visited last week during the UEA holiday. We rode the haywagon to the fields and then each picked out our perfect pumpkin. We also gathered indian corn, fun mini gourds, and some unique varieties of squash to make a great Thanksgiving centerpiece once Halloween is over. I also got a spaghetti squash and a huge banana squash (which reminds me ... it is still sitting in the garage and I need to take it to mom's house for her to bake and bag for me. I seem to be squash incompetent or honestly more like squash unmotivated).
We also rode the tractor train and the pentawhirl. All this for the bargain price of $15.00. The kisses from Mr Hansen's dog were free.

No comments: