Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 13 - January 19, 2013








I had a mildly stressful Sunday as I taught Relief Society for the first time.  It was nice after it was all over to be able to go to Grandma's and have a relaxing dinner with them.  She made the most delicious ham. The kids of course hung out with Grandpa and took possession of every Apple device they own. With three kids at home now, all three can be satisfied as they have two IPad2's and an I-phone.  I don't even have a smart phone so it's sad my 63 year old mother is more hooked up with technology than I am.
 
Monday we took the kids to the pool for Family Night.  We had them practice with the snorkel and mask to get ready for our family trip this October. We need to find something smaller for N.  It was so cold outside that I really did not want to get in the water but it ended up being really fun.  My new swimsuit is freaking awesome.  Darren has been swimming nearly every morning for the past few weeks. 
 
I really am so tired of the cold. I just ache. I don't want to exercise as I don't like being out in it. I have a treadmill and tons of exercise videos but all I want to do is hibernate.  We heard a booming noise out in the garage this week and it was my cans of soda exploding from the cold. That is craziness.
 
N has a few more weeks of ball. His team got skunked this week but he made some great lay-ups. He was awesome.
 
We had more car problems this week. Our expedition is running really sluggish and I admit I typed the following words into a search engine this week, "Should I worry if my car smells like it's on fire?"  Ya.... pathetic.  It has this burning smell like burning wood, not hot electrical.  And it's leaking oil everywhere.  And then Thursday morning I drove E2 to early morning drill practice after seriously being up all night worrying about things and I left the lights on in the truck when I got home. So here we are Thursday morning trying to get to work and the Expedition is frozen and not working well and the truck is dead as a doornail.  It makes me crazy and honestly kinda weepy.
 
I had so many opportunities for pictures on Friday that I can't believe I didn't take any.  E2 danced at the big rivalry game, E3 and her friend hung out at the game, N and Will played all night. I cleaned house like a crazy woman in prep for the weekend.  I was really motivated as I have Monday off.  It seems lately that my "To-Do" list gets frisky and starts breeding like a rabbit, but even though we went to SLC Saturday and home Sunday I actually don't have anything I HAVE to do Monday. So I am going to go gangbusters finishing the journaling of last years Project Life book.  All the pictures are in but I'm only to August on the journaling. I am really excited.
 
Anyway, we went to Provo Saturday and picked up E1 and headed to SLC for Darren's dad's 85th birthday party.  We had cake and ice cream and visited and laughed and got to celebrate this wonderful man that I have the honor of having in my life as a second dad.  I love him so much.
 
The party wrapped up early so we hit "Les Miserables" at Jordan Landing.  I have been waiting to see it on a "real" theatre so I was excited to have the chance. The whole family went... my plan was for the girls and I to just go while Darren and N visited longer at his parents but he wanted to go too so N got drug along.  We all liked it except E2.  The first half was a little too heart-wrenching for her.  We have been singing the "Do you hear the people sing?" song all day. It reminds me a bit of the RSL chants.  I read on the internet that the show is coming back to Broadway in 2014.
 
E1 had a special day today but I will write more about that NEXT week :)
 




No comments: