Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 20 - 26



Sunday morning we had the privilege of being with E1 as she received her patriarchal blessing.
It was a sweet, tender experience. My testimony that we have a Heavenly Father that knows us and loves us was reinforced.   I love my daughter with all my heart and am so grateful for the person she is.  These past few months have been pretty tough on her, but she "keeps on keeping on".  I am so proud of her.

Monday Darren took E3 and N ice-fishing at Fish Lake. They came back sunburned and happy.  I am thankful for Grandma Roxey and her willingness to have the fish cleaned/stored/and cooked at her house.  She wrote on one package with sharpie, "Invite N over to eat" before she stored it in the freezer.  He thought that was pretty cool.   I am also grateful for a husband that taught an excited little boy how to clean a fish. 

I went to the grocery store as the kids were getting worried about the barren wasteland that was our refrigerater.   Plus to scrapbook I needed total SNACKS okay?    Then I locked myself in my office and got an a roll finishing my 2012 Project Life album.  Between the work I put in Monday and the rest of the week I am pretty much there. I ordered a few specialty sized sheet protectors and am waiting for E1 to send me a few pictures then I am DONE.  I am really happy with how it turned out and it makes me so happy to see the kids poring over it. 

Also Monday I made my first recipe for the new blog I want to start of the Richfield 2nd/5th ward cookbook recipes.  It was called "Fishlake Meatballs".

Tuesday was region Drill Competition.   E2 was awesome. Their team took third in Region. They were disappointed as they won last year.   E3 and N were good sports about being there all night with the booming music.  The picture above is N going to town during the break when they played "Gangnam Style".  It was SOOOO Funny.  He's got some moves. 

Being at these drill competitions brings back so many memories. It seems not so long ago I was in the circle pinkie locked with my teammates while we waited for the results of our efforts.

The rest of the week was a blur of school and work and Library Board and a baby shower and housework and grocery shopping and Darren working 13+ hours straight at the SVC.   Darren and I did sneak out to see Lincoln Wednesday night and I really really liked it. I came right home and started reading more about Lincoln.  I had no idea what had went on to get the 13th Amendment passed.    To imagine the pressure Lincoln was under was thought provoking. 

2 comments:

TLCbull said...

I can tell by the photo that N definetly has the moves. The best is the look of the girl in front of him. HA!

Anonymous said...

Great happenings - Building wonderful memories!